Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Specific Magazine Annotations

In the next few posts I am annotating specific magazine (horror) front covers that are related to my own genre that I have chosen.


After annotating this magazine front cover I can see certain things that I will most likely be using in my own magazine front cover such as the cover lines about up coming horror films, perhaps a special on a certain area of horror. After looking at a few more front covers I will have a much better idea of what to include in mine.


This magazine front cover seems to be different from the last as the central image seems to be a saviour instead of a monster which can be seen through her figure behaviour and the items that she is carrying. From this I can see that it doesn't always have to be the monster on the background. The font again is red to indicate danger which is something that I will take into consideration when I choose to make my own magazine front cover.

This magazine seems to have a monster on the front cover unlike the one before where there is a saviour. The masthead is a bold and bloody font to catch the audiences eye. This seems to be convention on most horror magazines.


This magazine front cover also seems to have red font which I have noticed on most horror magazines. Its cover lines are all about horror and upcoming films. When I come to creating my own horror magazine I will have a much better idea of what to include.




No comments:

Post a Comment