Thursday, April 12, 2012

Potential Magazine Names

In this post I will choose at least 5 potential magazine names for my mainstream magazine and the reasons to why I think they are appropriate.

Horror Film Monthly - This magazine is appropriate for a mainstream audience, this is because of its very broad name and it will naturally include a wide range of horror information.

Slice & Dice - I think that this is a very catchy magazine title and is appropriate for a horror magazine due to its reference of slicing and dicing.


Monster Monthly - This title gives out a different vibe than my other choices and is more of a villain magazine but can still discuss new horror films of the month.


Horror Hound - Horror hound I feel is a catchy magazine title and by using the word hound it feels as if once you open it, there will be no way out.

Blood, Guts & Gore - This magazine title would be quite good as horror films are all about the blood and guts so audiences will instantly recognise it as a horror magazine.

After looking through these option I created a focus group and averaged the scores to see which one is most popular.

Horror Film Monthly - 8
Slice & Dice - 6
Monster Monthly - 6
Horror Hound - 3
Blood, Guts & Gore - 4

From these results I can see that Horror Film Monthly is the most popular and is the title that I will be using in my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment