Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Teaser Pictures - Location Shots

In this next post i am experimenting with locations for my 'zombie' to first enter the city and also for establishing shots and empty streets. I have chosen to put an actor in my frames so that I can get a clear vision of what I think the frame will look like.

In the image above I felt that this would be quite effective if there was a zombie standing out by the bridge looking upon to the empty city, of course these shots will be taken early in the morning to get the best empty atmosphere of London.


Both the pictures above I decided to take at close up from behind the actor to give a sense that someone is watching you and that this quite and calm atmosphere is not all that it seems to be.


The intended effect of the image above to capture the intensity of the first zombie entering the city. I decided to take it from this angle to show how insignificant the humans are compared to the living dead and that there lives are being threatened during there day to day life.


In the image above the zombie would be standing at a different angle, maybe a close up from behind the shoulders but still with the same background. This was to use a high angle shot to show vulnerability among the humans and how they don't know what is going on yet.




The three images above I felt were quite effective and were excellent shots and locations to use for a zombies first entrance into the city. The locations for these shots were in a underground car park in Westminster. although there is only a little bit of what seems to be litter on the floor I feel that this gives the shot a more intense feeling and a message that London is abandoned. When I go back there next time I will bring a few more empty cans and bits of rubbish to emphasise this.

The shot above I feel in a very exciting shot, the lighting is at the very end of the tunnel and is shot from on the ground. He is just entering the open air ready to attack.


The shot above was to signal to the audience that the zombies are coming and I would have a few zombies being shot in different locations to give the feel that they are coming from everywhere and surrounding the areas.



With the shot above, if the street would have been empty I think that it would have given a much better desired effect of emptiness of London, especially with the canted framing which is already signalling that things are going wrong. 

Next time I go to London I have a much better idea of how the frame will be set up and what different angles I could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment