Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Own Tag lines

After looking through many tag lines I have made a list of my own tag lines that I will use in my poster and trailer.

1. The end is just the beginning - This gives a sense of mystery and that something bad is coming.
2. Kill them but make sure their dead - I am using a direct mode of address in this tag line and making it obvious that they will have to kill.
3. Death is your only sanctuary - I am again using a direct mode of address by saying 'your' which gives a sense of threat to the audience.
4. Kill or be killed - I am making the audience feel like there is no way out of the situation which is something that zombie tag lines constantly try to use.
5. You cant escape - Again I am using a direct mode of address to let the audience now that there is no way out.
6. The dead will come for you - This tagline is using the direct mode of address method to make the audience feel threatened.
7. Run. Hide. They will come for you. - In this tagline I am using the direct mode of address.
8. Stand and Fight. Run and Hide. - This is addressing the audience directly by giving them orders which is seen in many horror tag lines.
9. Run. Hide. Your days are numbered. - Direct mode of address is being used here.
10. The dead will rise - This is a statement that will be eye catching to many viewers.
11. Death is just the beginning - This is another statement.

I will now conduct a focus group on these tag lines to see which is the most popular

After I conducted the focus group I then worked out the average and this is what I found.
1. The end is just the beginning - 7
2. Kill them but make sure their dead - 5
3. Death is your only sanctuary - 6
4. Kill or be killed - 3
5. You cant escape - 3
6. The dead will come for you - 2
7. Run. Hide. They will come for you - 6
8. Stand and Fight. Run and Hide - 7
9. Run. Hide. Your days are numbered - 7
10. The dead will rise - 4
11. Death is just the beginning - 8

The most popular tag lines seemed to be number 11, when constructing my poster this will be the tag line that I shall use.

No comments:

Post a Comment